Welcome to Martin Henderson Online, a fansite dedicated to the very talented, versatile, and handsome New Zealand born actor Martin Henderson. Martin is best known for his roles in films 'The Ring,' 'Bride & Prejudice,' 'Torque,' and 'Flyboys,' among many others, as well as television series 'Secrets & Lies' (Australian), 'The Red Road,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' and currently 'Virgin River' on Netflix.

Here at Martin Henderson Online, we will provide you with the latest news and updates as well as the most complete and accurate information on Martin--respectful of his privacy--so be sure to visit us frequently.
Virgin River

Home Forums Martin on television Virgin River

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Deej
    Participant

👍🏽👍🏽

Rachelle
    Keymaster
    Rachelle
    Keymaster
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

Rosie–the following text is a “Throwback Thursday”–from the old forum and our discussion of episodes from season 1. LOL!…See how much has changed….We didn’t even know Charmaine was preggers with twins yet. LOL!…I chose this text for the issue about family.

Rachelle post Dec 21 2019, 01:13 PM:
    Happy winter solstice and Merry Christmas for Wednesday, Rosie. It’s always a joy reading your posts. hug.gif hug.gif
    LOLOL! Rosie! LOL! Hope ran unopposed to win the job as Mayor of Virgin River. Her salary is being paid via the taxes of the hardworking town folk and for their dollars they get the pleasure of having their business spread all over town. LOL!

Let me digress for a second to defend Jack, to defend my thesis. LOL!
    There are different types of relationships in the dating world, the most common being: Monogamous…Polyamorous…Open…Long-Distance…Casual Sex…’Friends With Benefits’…and asexual.
    And different types of family structures: Nuclear Family….Single Parent Family.. …Extended Family. …Childless Family. …Step Family. … and Grandparent Family.
    There’s a point here, somewhere. Trust me. LOL!…

I’m a little more progressive than most when it comes to issues of relationships and family. I don’t mind the traditional ways but I’m a bit more open to other options. It seems to me that Jack was clear from jump with Charmaine that they were friends with benefits/f*ck buddies. These relationships can last over time on just the physical aspect alone. If the people involved fall in love and it develops into more–cool. If the love is lopsided–the person wanting something more should move on. Charmaine told Mel that Jack has NEVER looked at her the way he looks at Mel in all their TWO years of dating. Charmaine is lucky to be getting the “benefits” because this could easily have been a platonic/brotherly-sisterly type relationship. LOL!
    As far as families…I’m all for adjusting and adapting to changes, unexpected or otherwise…Let’s say that the man I fell in love with–Jack–accidentally gets Charmaine pregnant. Oops. Should have used protection or gotten a vasectomy, which is reversible. LOL! …Too late for that now…But Jack is in love with me and he doesn’t want to be with Charmaine because they want different things, are going in different directions, don’t share the same feelings outside of lust… I can see how this situation would hurt like hell for Mel who so badly wanted a child with her hubby before he died. I think I would feel hurt and a tad jealous, but at some point she’s going to have to heal or stay heartbroken forever. Life is just too f*cking short for that.
    Jack should give Mel some time but then also help her to heal. They are in love or falling in love. They want a FUTURE together. Can’t change the past. They can still have a bright, stable, solid future together even with the situation as it is….
    I think personally I’d try to become as involved as I am allowed to with loving and helping the child….maybe we’ll even adopt other kids to add to the family…. If Charmaine didn’t want me around the child she would have to grow up and get over herself for the welfare and health of the child. She made that baby WITH Jack. I’m all in with being involved. Just ask or tell me what you need me to do…Babysit while you have a spa day?…Cook meals–with something fresh from the earth?…Help build an eco-friendly treehouse? LOL! We’re in this together!…Need me to take the kid to appointments?…Ballet classes? Piano or tuba lessons? Soccer, rugby, basketball practice? Help with homework? Pay for college? I’m here.
    It’s not conventional but it doesn’t have to be in order to work. It might not be easy but it’ll be necessary….Things don’t have to be extra complicated…problems don’t have to be insurmountable if you’re with the person who has your whole heart. Just live.
    I love Jack. LOLOL!
    Rosiepost Dec 22 2019, 09:21 AM:
    QUOTE(Rachelle @ Dec 21 2019, 04:13 PM) *
    I love Jack. LOLOL!
    Rachelle, I am still in doubt about your affection for Jack, lolololol, would you like to elaborate more on that, lol. I know you like a challenge, lol.
    LOVED reading your post. All these categories. I am so glad we live in this age that we can define all sorts of families and relationships. I bet our grandparents were not able to do so. OK, obviously, I completely agree with these, the only thing I wanted to point out was I think we evolve. We don’t stay the same people year in and year out. In the relationship we grow either toward each other or apart from one another. That is what I was pointing out to. My take on Jack and Charmaine is that Jack has drifted apart, wants out of the relationship, but does not want to give up the benefit part of the relationship, on the other had Charmaine wants Jack and the relationship a lot more than when they started and now wants to make it permanent.
    QUOTE(Rachelle @ Dec 21 2019, 04:13 PM) *
    this could easily have been a platonic/brotherly-sisterly type relationship. LOL!
    Rachelle, dear, how can you say that about Jack, lol. I challenge you to admit that you can have a platonic relationship with someone who looks like Jack and acts like Jack, well the way he acts toward Mel, lol.
    Oh boy, Charmaine is pregnant and Jack is the father? That was in that letter right? I agree it does not have to be complicated, some women make it complicated to benefit from it, some don’t, they ask for help when they need it, and for the most part can take care of themselves and their child or children on their own, like Page.
    OK, I am continuing with the fourth episode still. Now that I know their history, Hope and Charmaine, I can see why Hope is so dismissive of her. That dinner scene was painful to watch. Hope was completely not nice to Charmaine. I thought her questions were reasonable until when Mel said “her husband was not joining her” and Charmaine asked “why not”. That crossed the line of small talk to being small town noisy.
    Best label of the episode, “perky penny”, lol.
    Hope should listen to her own advice, “I think if you focus on protecting your heart you can avoid a lot of pain. But you can also end up living half a life.”
    LOVE the proposal scene, Mark is so charming here.
    So is Doc, charming I mean, staying in his car, kind of misguided since how could he know if something was wrong inside with Hope and go help her, but a very kind gesture none the less.
    OK, off to the fifth episode.
    Rachelle post Dec 22 2019, 01:22 PM:
    LOLOL!
    You read me like a book, Rosie. LOL!
    You’re absolutely right on all accounts…I would want more from Jack just like Charmaine–but once he said and showed that he was only in it for the sex and couldn’t be swayed–I’d move on. That would be the hardest thing to do ever in life–moving on from JACK–but one would have to. LOL! It’s clear that Charmaine pursued him and not the other way around. He was probably just going along for the ride because she’s an attractive female and he, they both, have physical needs. Sexy women are probably slim pickings in Virgin River. LOL! Sorry Connie.
    I really didn’t mean to spoil things too much–I guess I’m not good with hypothetical examples. LOL! There’s still plenty to discuss/debate and I hope I didn’t ruin it for you. hug.gif
    Gossips are often good at giving unsolicited advice–but not being able to see the irony. LOL! I like Hope but she acts like a teenager sometimes. LOL! Doc is a solid gentleman. Cheating on Hope 20 years ago was probably the only crazy thing he’d ever done. Hope should have forgiven him a LONG time ago. They’re pretty much soul mates.
    Can I just say that I’m not feeling Mark because all I see when they show him is “Wickham” from ‘Bride & Prejudice?’ LOL!
    Rosie post Dec 22 2019, 06:09 PM:
    No Rachelle, you did not spoil anything. I have to admit my mind went to all possible stories, lol, except she being pregnant. I am sure it was planned on her part. I am sure she felt she was losing Jack, and this was her pathetic attempt to hold on to Jack. What she had not foreseen was Mel coming to town and staying. But I have to watch the last two episodes and talk about the pregnancy thing then. For now lets talk episode 5, lol, here we go.
    First scene with Jimmy, the pot guy, and gun on Jack’s face. Poor Jimmy, he has no idea he is dealing with a Marine who can kill with his bare hands, if necessary.
    I don’t like it when they hint of a story but they don’t elaborate on it, lol. So this conversation, I want to know who is the “young boy”!
    Doc: The night that young boy died I was devastated, I was I was not myself. Hell, I was thinking about going back to the hospital in Seattle.
    Hope: You think that wasn’t a devastating time for me? I never said it wasn’t. But you didn’t see me falling into bed with some floozy or trying to run away.

OK, I don’t like Hope here, lol. Holding a grudge for 20 some years must be so taxing on her. How many times Doc has to apologize, admit that he done wrong, and it was a one time thing, has never happened again. Hope’s reply, “you don’t get it”. Well someone has to say it, “my dear Hope, no one gets it, so why don’t you explain it to us”, seriously!
    How did Mel and Jack not freeze to dead outside? I am sure it was many degrees below zero, and that fire could not have been that warm, lol.
    That Jimmy guy has totally lost it, lol, he can see Maxine is in pain, Mel has already helped Calvin, so obviously she can be trusted, and he says you got a go. Seriously, as Mel said “are you kidding me”, lol.
    So Doc has found Jack’s truck, and there is a handbag, I am guessing Mel’s and now I am thinking, lol, that is not Mel’s designer bag that she took everywhere with her, lol, in the first couple of episodes, I guess someone goofed here, lol, right?
    I am glad Charmaine reminded Hope that she is not her mother, and that she is not the one that hurt her. I liked Charmaine here, a lot.
    And another untold story is of Jack and Calvin. Calvin asked Jimmy, “what is he doing here”, referring to Jack, when they first got to the camp. And when they were leaving, Calvin told Jack, “I will be seeing you”, in a threatening kind of voice and gesture. I want know this story too, lol.
    Poor Spencer, he wants to go with Maxine and his son, but ordered to stay put.
    And we are not at all high maintenance here Mel are we? lol. “There is a chair in my room. Can you just stay there until I pass out?”, lolol. Seriously Mel, are you scared of Calvin and his gang, or are you scared of letting Jack go to Charmaine, lol, my bet is on the latter, lol.
    Having a guilty conscience must be excruciating. Poor Jack.
    And that concludes the fifth episode. Tomorrow night, sixth episode.
    end text
    Told you I saved it all, Rosie….Moving on…LOL!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

Jumping ahead…
    “It doesn’t matter…I love you unconditionally…We’ll be a family and our home will be overflowing with love.”:

Also overflowing with nappies/diapers and toys. LOL!…There are all sorts of families. Don’t drown in the details. I mean–I wanna know cuz I’m curious–but it really doesn’t matter. Jack fell for Mel without really knowing much about her (even saw the ring on her finger). That’s how the heart works. She could have had 3 or 4 kids with Mark and he still would have fallen for her. LOL!

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Gonna need a different vehicle, Jack:

Best 7-Seater Electric and Hybrid Cars:
    https://www.drivingelectric.com/best-cars/640/best-seven-seater-electric-and-hybrid-cars
    Electric Minivan from Mercedes:
    https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/vehicles/passenger-cars/eqv/the-new-eqv-the-first-electric-premium-van/
    LOL! Room for gear too.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Rachelle.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

Jack: “I saw this cool fishing rod and decided to buy two–because I knew you’d enjoy it as well…”:

Mel: “Really? That’s so thoughtful of you…”:

Jack: “Nah…Actually I bought it for Mike but he’s been acting weird lately, so…”:

LOL! Happy Sunday Funday, Jack and Mel. Don’t catch anything but feelings. LOL!

Rachelle
    Keymaster
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

“We’re looking for a few good men…Jack and Preacher–step forward…The rest of you–fall back.”:

Sorry Doc, Bert, Ricky, Calvin, Todd, et al…Just the Marines. LOL!

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Brady…Preacher…and Mike all share the same birthday in real life…September 7th…Hope these Virgo men of Virgin River celebrated like gents. LOL!…

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @virginriverseries

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

Finished season 3–again. Waiting for you, Rosie. LOL!…
    Still can’t fathom why Jack would get into an expensive legal mess when the twins are still in the womb…And thanks, Brie, for getting him that HUGE $5K discount with the lawyer who owes you a favor. Sarcasm. LOL!…
    “A $20K retainer fee??!!…I’m gonna need to see Yale or Harvard Law credentials and a 30 year history of winning before I hand over that kinda scratch!!”:

LOL! Just seems a bit steep, is all.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Rachelle.
    Deej
    Participant

Heck yeah that is steep lol

Rachelle
    Keymaster

LOL! The $5K would have been a more reasonable, fair fee given the twins aren’t even born yet. The lawyer can’t even do anything until that happens…Let the babies arrive safely into the world…determine if they’re Jack’s…THEN start the legal clock…but ONLY if Todd wants to keep up shit. Diplomacy first–then come what may. LOL!

Rachelle
    Keymaster
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

A DOUBLE renewal–seasons 4 AND 5!!!…Someone’s doing something right! YAY!! Credit to cast and crew…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Log-in

Skip to toolbar