Welcome to Martin Henderson Online, a fansite dedicated to the very talented, versatile, and handsome New Zealand born actor Martin Henderson. Martin is best known for his roles in films 'The Ring,' 'Bride & Prejudice,' 'Torque,' and 'Flyboys,' among many others, as well as television series 'Secrets & Lies' (Australian), 'The Red Road,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' and currently 'Virgin River' on Netflix.

Here at Martin Henderson Online, we will provide you with the latest news and updates as well as the most complete and accurate information on Martin--respectful of his privacy--so be sure to visit us frequently.
Good Vibes

Home Forums Off Topic Good Vibes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

I will love treehouses no matter how old I get. LOL!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

Story of my life…and probably yours too:

Listen to Billie:

Rachelle
    Keymaster

I miss these…Kaleidoscopes…
    Kaleidoscopes To You:
    http://www.kaleidoscopestoyou.com/

The New Kaleidoscope Painter:
    http://permadi.com/java/spaint/spaint.html

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

From the collection ‘A Far Rockaway of the Heart’

Lawrence Ferlinghetti:

Rachelle
    Keymaster

“The message I wish to impart to the children goes something like this:
    The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens — but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it’s love and love alone that really matters.”
    ~ author Tom Robbins, May 25, 2007 (SeattlePI.com)

Rachelle
    Keymaster

“He awoke each morning with the desire to do right, to be a good and meaningful person, to be, as simple as it sounded and as impossible as it actually was, happy. And during the course of each day his heart would descend from his chest into his stomach. By early afternoon he was overcome by the feeling that nothing was right, or nothing was right for him, and by the desire to be alone. By evening he was fulfilled: alone in the magnitude of his grief, alone in his aimless guilt, alone even in his loneliness. I am not sad, he would repeat to himself over and over, I am not sad. As if he might one day convince himself. Or fool himself. Or convince others the only thing worse than being sad is for others to know that you are sad. I am not sad. I am not sad. Because his life had unlimited potential for happiness, insofar as it was an empty white room. He would fall asleep with his heart at the foot of his bed, like some domesticated animal that was no part of him at all. And each morning he would wake with it again in the cupboard of his rib cage, having become a little heavier, a little weaker, but still pumping. And by the midafternoon he was again overcome with the desire to be somewhere else, someone else, someone else somewhere else. I am not sad.”
    –Jonathan Safran Foer (from ‘Everything Is Illuminated’)

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Poem by Carl Dennis…
    The God Who Loves You

Rachelle
    Keymaster

I need this bungalow treehouse in my life…someplace warm with wispy clouds and blue skies:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

“FBF” to 2009…when I posted the following in the old forum. LOL!…I still have the trike–and it’s still in the same spot in my garage all these years later. It was a good idea at the time. Now it’s 2021. LOL!
    Helena Bonham Carter has a hippie trike (3-wheeled bike for adults, LOL!) like mine (not exactly like mine)…only instead of a large basket in the back, she has seats where her kids can sit…I saw a pic of her riding them home from school once…It looked pretty cool to me….eco-friendly and good exercise to boot. LOL!…
    Found the pic/article:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1058547/Thats-way-Helena-Bonham-Carter-shows-Elle-Macpherson-school-run-trike.html

Rachelle
    Keymaster

From the old forum…a reflection…
    As a youngster, I would read stories about celebrities and how they lived/died (James Dean, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, etc.)…This Tony Orlando story always stuck with me…esp. the part when he said: “You can quit…You can walk away from it all, including the money, when your own survival is at stake. You can seek help, take time off. You just cannot take the path of least resistance. You must fight back.”–then laid his microphone down and walked off stage into retirement shortly after the suicide/death of his best friend Freddie Prinze Sr..
    You can walk away from anything when your health and sanity are on the line–even things that are deeply rooted…It’s better than losing your mind or your SELF…You don’t have to waste time on or give oxygen to bullsh*t…You can walk away from rude, disastrous, dishonoring people too, people who are out of their depth and out of their jurisdiction…Life is too short and yours is booked solid, it’s full. Or at least it should be.

Found this article from 1977 (obviously I didn’t read it then–I was a wee one. LOL!)…
    Tony’s Swan Song
    BY JUDY KESSLER

POSTED ON OCTOBER 3, 1977 AT 12:00PM EDT
    https://people.com/archive/cover-story-tonys-swan-song-vol-8-no-14/

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Love After Love:

Love After Love: Derek Walcott’s Poetic Ode to Relearning to Be at Home in Ourselves After Heartbreak

LOVE AFTER LOVE
    by Derek Walcott
    The time will come
    when, with elation,
    you will greet yourself arriving
    at your own door, in your own mirror,
    and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
    and say, sit here. Eat.
    You will love again the stranger who was your self.
    Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
    to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
    all your life, whom you ignored
    for another, who knows you by heart.
    Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
    the photographs, the desperate notes,
    peel your own image from the mirror.
    Sit. Feast on your life.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Rachelle.
    Rachelle
    Keymaster

LOL! Well…

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Beauty surrounds us…

Image taken by Marty, on IG:

He already knows and he doesn’t let it miss him…

Rachelle
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Log-in

Skip to toolbar